Friday, April 14, 2017

Wounded Womb: Blog 2 JAL 4/17/17


This week has mainly been about health for me. I had some minor surgery on Monday and it was followed by an interaction with my mother that was very debilitating for me. As the surgery was a reproductive health issue, it was even more emotional to have a poor interaction with my mother following it.

In the days since, it has lead me to think about the womb and what that means to me as a grown person and as a person with a womb. The womb has so many meanings attached to it. I am not sure which ones I ascribe to it. But that is the symbol that I was lead to explore this week.

The concept of safety, the concept of nourishment, and the concept that while you may have come from someone's womb it does not necessarily mean that you have had those experiences with them. The idea that you can love someone so very much and still not find a way to maintain that womb/soul connection with them. Also, the idea that you can share that kind of connection with someone with whom you share no biological connection.

Soft warm and tight.
Scary when it is not right.
I had no idea you would be such a fight.
I am trying to understand if without you I can be alright.
                                                                 - Jaylaan

No comments:

Post a Comment