Thursday, April 13, 2017

Endings and Beginnings: BLOG 2 SK 4/14/17



"The old must be released so that the new can enter"

As I progressed this past week, the two symbols kept showing itself - circles and fire - it was everywhere: in my visualizations, in places I have looked many times but never noticed, and in spaces my eyes would normally glaze over. I explored the associations with these symbols, and continued to make mental notes and work through my inner dialogue through the journal. As I dug through, the reading brought me to goddess Kali as a personification of the Great Mother archetype. Kali resonated very closely, she brings together elements of what had been surfacing in my explorations last week - the red, the eyes, the fire, the demonic aura. She speaks to me and she embodies something I am called to explore a little further as I move through my own inner work - 

This is Kali.


                        



Goddess Kali is the divine mother, divine protector, goddess of time, and destroyer of evil forces. Interestingly, she is often misunderstood as an evil goddess of death and destruction, but in reality she is destroying, supposedly, what must be destroyed such as a powerful demon, sin, fear, decay and ignorance. Her courage and ferocity is unmatched, she is a warrior and she is powerful. It is believed that her destruction is in essence a force allowing for new creation to begin. I read that Kali is often associated with Kundalini energy, freeing the soul from its worldly attachments- she is a powerful goddess with endless courage who brings clarity to the illusion of fear. 
"Fear is our worst enemy. Fear engulfs you, paralyzes you."

She symbolizes spiritual and psychological liberation; she is the destroyer of demonic tendencies. She is authentic, she is raw and she is okay with her dark side - a darkness that represents itself in the light. She destroys the mind-born delusions symbolized by demons separating us from the divine as our true self, Kali kills the ego.

There is a fire inside me,
a rage, an anger surfacing and I am called to face.
I do not fear, but I am unsure of my strength and courage,
Oh mother Kali, I call upon you to help me,
bring me strength and show me the light,
your power is divine, raw and full of grace.
I wish to transform this pain,

into something that will bring space for the new and the brave.

SK

No comments:

Post a Comment