Thursday, April 20, 2017

Perfume Confession: BLOG 3 DW 4/21/17


There’s a saying/belief in my country that if you give perfume to someone, for example, your friends, your relationship with those people will fade away like the perfume smell. To me, perfume is like a fleeting moment that I want to remember forever because it smells so good. There’s a way to make the smell last longer, but there’s no way to make the smell stay forever. If you think about it visually, it’s very interesting how the perfume manages to stay on your body invisibly. The way you spray perfume on our body represents a fleeting moment when the sprinkle of water touches your skin before it disappears and produces certain scent, which is quite fascinating.

I am a perfume lover with a wide range of preferences. I always have the tendency to go for a fruity-kind of smell, but for some reasons, it’s really hard to find the smell that matches my body chemical. In the end, what works best for me is the shampoo or clean type of scent, which lasts, most of the time, throughout the day, while staying true to its original scent. Sometimes, smell can be confusing if they are mixed together – imagine walking into a perfume store and try to smell different kinds of scents all at once. It takes patience to get the scent you want, but if various smells overlap, sniffing on coffee beans helps!

Well then, what is my confession? I would say that I am guilty for buying a lot of perfumes and I always end up using just one or two scents. When I think about perfume, which is an important part of my daily life routine, I would always try to find the one that smells the nicest and lasts the longest. However, I can never find one because my body chemical seems to change everyday, meaning that it reacts differently to the same scent I put on. Some people say that smell can evoke certain memory within you, but not for me because it serves as a reminder for me to be in the moment instead. As I mentioned previously, perfume is like a fleeting moment for me, so appreciating what is happening at the moment is always important. These days, I realize that I tend to look too far into the future too much and neglect what is happening at the moment, so I feel like I try to overlook the process of getting to where I want to be in life. This, hence, reduces the amount of effort I put into what I’m doing at the moment because I keep thinking that I’ll get to the point I want to be in life anyway. Thus, whatever I do right now doesn’t matter as much when in fact, it matters a lot. Doing thing one way will, of course, give a different outcome than doing thing the other way, and keeping this in mind will serve as a good reminder for me to be in the moment.

Hello there,

Even though we’ve just met, I hope we can get along,

I know that I’ll like you one day and another day, I might not,

But before you evaporate away,

I’ll always remember that I’m the one who puts you on.

DW

No comments:

Post a Comment