Friday, April 7, 2017

Flower Power: Blog 1 JAL 4/7/17

Moon and Jupiter conjunct April 10th/11th Libra full moon opposed by Sun and Uranus conjunct with T square Pluto in Capricorn.

What does all of that mean? I am a Cancer so I am ruled by the moon. Jupiter brings good fortune and expansion and it is sitting in my 4th house which rules home, family, early childhood. The Sun and Uranus are sitting my 10th house which is the house of fame, honors, or public recognition. Pluto is in my 6th house which is my house of everyday life, tasks, work.

I am a big believer that astrology is a way for a person to help themselves interpret their unconscious. Oftentimes, if you journal, you will see patterns emerge surrounding certain celestial events. Further, celestial events are cyclical and certain kinds come in families. Events that come in families tend to weave a thread through your life if you pay attention to them.

So what was happening to me this week that I was journaling about?

1: I placed my apartment on the market and am having trouble selling it at the price I would like.
2: I had a major reintroduction to the dream I always had as a child which was to own a horse farm via a TC class.
3: I had a major conversation with my Mother regarding family security, legacy planning and creating a safe way for me to move forward in the world after she is gone, as well as, while she is here. This caused me to write her an entire letter discussing my concerns and then prompting an in person meeting to talk about the issue.
4: I am working on ways to expand my family in various forms and ways.

To me all of these topics align with what is going on in the heavens. Essentially, there is emotion and flux in my home sector that is being protected by a sense of good fortune and expansion while at the same time being challenged to see the way to good fortune and expansion via an awakening or a realization that must to be manifested via transformation. Pluto here is acting like a hammer demanding a transformation at this crossroads. Lately, when I pray, the image that continues to come to my head is that of a hammer breaking through concrete which aligns with this energy.

I had a dream that I remember and has stayed with me for days now which is rare. I dreamed that my realtor told me that every time a person searched for the listing for my apartment they were finding a link to a webpage filled with slander about me. The word she actually used was slander which for some reason really stuck out to me. I immediately felt panic and distress that we had listed the apartment widely and the apartment had gotten features and press and that would draw people to the link and information that slandered me and a whole lot of people would be reading this. I have not completely unpacked this dream but what I can say about the symbolism that I would like to focus on for this blog post are the flowers.

I placed a wall of peonies as my kitchen backsplash. Peonies represent shame but are also known to have incredible medicinal and healing properties. When I needed to begin to rebuild myself and my life following a fall from grace, I went to culinary school. It was in the process of chopping, braising, cutting and baking that I put myself back on the road to reintegration. So there was shame in my falling from grace but it was the cooking and the kitchen that brought me my healing and continued protection.


In my shower, I placed lotus flowers. The lotus flower is a symbol for beauty coming out of mud. It also means that without said “dirt” or ugliness “saha world” or “samsara” there would be no beauty. I am a Nichiren Buddhist and our practice is based off of the Lotus Sutra which is why I placed them in my shower. I imagine that as I wash off the dirt of the city and of my day, I am restoring myself to a thing and mindset of beauty and peace while activating my Buddha nature. I also wanted to remind myself that it is through my struggles being here back in New York that I would be transforming heavy karma into medicine.





I. 58 bago na ja re na ja: Songs of Kabir
Do not go to the garden of flowers!
O Friend! Go not there;
In your body is the garden of flowers.
Take your seat on the thousand petals of the lotus, and there gaze on the Infinite Beauty.
                                                                                                            -Kabir


No comments:

Post a Comment