Monday, April 3, 2017

Red: BLOG 1 SK 4/7/17


The protector Vajrasadhu, painted by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche.
There is a fire inside me
It yearns to cry out
I feel it spread through me
Running faster each day
It burns with a passion
Its direction I am not yet sure
It is there I can no longer contain it
And with patience and calm, I must become aware

They say in anger there is wisdom
The buddhas feel it too
Anger for suffering and injustice
There is a productive side to rage

How can we care if we do not feel emotion?
Anger allows us to feel, to react, to respond
Anger is made of energy, it cannot have such power unless we allow it
Anger can be painful, hard and even dangerous
It is a poison if one allows it

Luke Duggleby, National Geographic

Yet in its pure form, it can be transformative
Collective anger, empowering anger
Anger reminding us that we are alive
This anger can fight injustice, narcissism, power and greed
Anger can bring hearts together
To heal, to redirect and to respond to the greater universe

I do not know yet how to navigate the lion's roar
I need to open the channel to allow the release, the cry out, the expression
I seek the wisdom, the strength, the courage to go there
Once I do, you will hear me
You will hear me loud, proud and wise
For my flames are burning, awakening my soul in its purest forms.

SK

No comments:

Post a Comment