Thursday, April 20, 2017

Epiphanies | BLOG 3 / CA /

What was discovered | I found out I am the wolf in more ways than I've ever imagined. This was hard to deal with because it meant admitting to myself vulnerabilities, faults, etc. 

Basic archetypes of the wolf:
  • The nurturing and protective wolf appearing as the great she-wolf who nursed Romulus and Remus (Anima).
  • The lone male wolf  initiated by society forces the young adult in becoming a mature adult (Anima).
  • The guard  conducting souls through the gates, which had to be passed as in Egyptian mythology (Shadow).
  • The wolf in sheep’s clothing who attempts to hide its instinctive and wild self by developing a persona of meekness and innocence (Persona).
  • The howling wolf who has a voice to communicate with others and is reclaimed inner voice of the soul (Ego)
  • The wolf and lamb lying together, which represents inner peace  (Self).
  • The differentiated wolf who has accepted his (or her) role in life (Ego after individuation).
To deter from current epiphanies, I did really like our trip to the Jung Institute and enjoyed Ami's presentation. She was such a great help and I hope to visit in the near future. Recently, I have reawakened my love for collage, and my journal is full of them now. As a visual artist, this resonates more with me than to pouring myself into written word. Poetry and visual imagery grounded in specificity really hit hard. Here's a poem I wrote today: 

Hushed 

a wolf in oven roasted chicken skin
         a howl
a caw
         with breath so thin
claws
         like tiny slivers of melting ice
and harvest moon eyes

         that drown the soul

in melodic inconsistencies – a vice

advice is all I need
        
         from you,
an archetype,

         symbolic plea
symbolically
                  
         a sacrifice
or ritual
         that comes in threes
         that comes in threes
         that comes in threes

a trinity
         of affinities

I don’t believe in God

         but when I’m scared
I pray the Rosary

         I mouth
ten Glory-Bes
Hail Mary full of
Grace,
Hail Mary full of
Nighttime rage,
Hail Mary of the
unconscious
                Soul—
A star in the sky

         wishing on itself

a wolf in oven roasted chicken skin---

biting fat from bone,
                  
         there’s something so exquisite

to eat,

 another carnivore.

No comments:

Post a Comment