Friday, April 28, 2017

The Terrace, rain and a guy_Blog 4_ YZ_04/28/17

Last weekend I went to Long Island to present a playback theatre performance at Stony Brook University. Playback theatre is an improvising play performance that combines with psychotherapeutic effect, which I regarded as a good experiential form to express and release one's inner world. We arrived at the house we rented on Saturday and stayed for one night. 

The house had a large sun terrace. Once I saw it I knew it was a good place to meditate. And the the weather that day was suitable for meditation as well: it was a rainy day. A few years ago, when I had a sleeping problem, I asked a best friend if there was any way to help fall asleep, he recommended me a mobile app that imitated the sound of raining. These days it rained a lot in New York, and that sleeping problem thing and the app came to my mind again.

The next day on Sunday, I woke up. The first thing I did was to go to the terrace, standing there for a few minutes. I just stood, sometimes looking up to the sunlight between the trees, sometimes focusing on the birds that flew through, and sometimes listening to the sounds in the air. It was a good moment, although not very long.


                                                             (the view from the terrace)


                                       
                                      (the huge window door of the house that attracted me)


In addition, I had a dream again, in which the guy I had dreamt of last time showed up again. In reality we were not familiar, while in the dream, he acted as someone that was very intimate to me. He was talking with my mom and my grandparents there.

Below are the photos I took around Stony Brook: the sunset, and the early evening 




No comments:

Post a Comment