Friday, May 5, 2017

JOURNEY: BLOG 5 DW 5/5/17


I keep on walking, walking, and walking until my feet bleed. I thought I know where I’m going, but I don’t. My feet just keep on dragging my body to somewhere deep, dark, and cold. Then I realize, “oh, it’s my own soul” and I question myself, “do I stay or do I go?  I was so tempted to go, but then I thought to myself, “would I be able to find my way into my own soul again?” That, I’m not sure, but I think that it’s a good idea to explore a little deeper and longer just to see what lies underneath the darkness. I see nothing, I hear nothing except my own breath, but I was patient. I wait, wait, and wait. Although it feels like forever, I just know that it’ll be worth the wait because everything is a process. I continue to walk, sit, take a deep breath in, and keep on walking. It’s tiring, it’s tough, I want to stop, but I know I shouldn’t. After a while of walking, I stepped on something, which turns out to be a candle, but the problem is that there’s nothing to light it with. What could I use? Is there’s a matchbox, a lighter or anything around? Because I couldn’t see, I need to use my sense of touch instead and luckily, I found two stones, and I’m guessing the stone age way might work, so I gave it a try. The fire suddenly lit up, and I was able to light the candle. I continue on walking again but this time with the candle in my hand, and I start to see something that looks like a path that appears to be leading to somewhere. It will be along journey, but I can’t stop now that I’ve come this far, and there’re still so much more to explore.

The soul speaks:
Are you ready for me?
If so, come and explore,
I might look scary but I’m not,
It will take time,
But it will be worthwhile,

So just come and explore.

DW

No comments:

Post a Comment